[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Shishi

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 07:14:12 EDT 2023

>From Moti
Gaijingai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 1, 2023 at 3:05 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Shishi
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

And how is Ukrainian Shishi from Juryo coping? He trained at home yesterday
against the heya's underlings. 14 bouts,  probably won them all but no
mention of results. However, after the keiko he took on three lower rankers
for butsugari, with him doing the hitting. 20 straight butsugari which is a
lot, totally gasping for air afterwards. "Sumo, tano shishi desu" he said
gleefully punning on his shikona, meaning to say "Sumo,, tanoshiidesu"
which means," Sumo is fun", which ultimately was "Sumo is Shishi-fun!"
Clever. He was training very seriously during the jungyo. "I got to train
with all sorts of opponents and that was good. I am aiming for a kachikoshi
in Aki and shall gambarize!!" he summed.

[image: 20230901s00005000054000p_view[1].jpg]

--

---