[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Daieishou, Meisei

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 07:16:22 EDT 2023

>From Moti
Gaijingai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 1, 2023 at 3:27 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Daieishou, Meisei
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Busy news day, sumo fans..

And Daieishou. He cracked a rib on day 13 of Nagoya and has not done sumo
since then. He did join the jungyo on its final leg but did not do any
sumo. He started two days ago at home, and yesterday he faced Juryo
Daiamami  and lower rankers for 13 bouts as the rust was evident. A lot of
pulling. "I intend to start anew and will train towards that goal. It's
been a while so there is that fear.. I'm not moving well yet and there is
not much time left  so I'll brace myself and go for it," he said,  "I'm
wondering which sekitori I can train with from other heyas.  Only there can
I see what my condition really is, " he summed.

Meisei is taking part in a movie that hits the theaters today- "Hello,
Mother". He plays the part of a rikishi who goes to a shop to buy  tabi.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabi> "I am a rikishi, so I'd rather be
famous for my sumo," he said, bashfully. "It's a good movie so I'd like
everyone to see it," he added, hopefully. He watched it at the heya at an
early screening, but hasn't seen it yet on the big screen. "If possible,
I'd like to go.." he said, wishfully.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/ffb29416-fa75-4d99-b192-eb6820aad21an%40googlegroups.com