[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Asanoyama, Houshouryuu

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 07:12:28 EDT 2023

>From Moti
Gaijingai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 1, 2023 at 2:40 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Asanoyama, Houshouryuu
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

New Ozeki Houshouryuu trained at home yesterday against Meisei, 8-1. "As
you saw, I did some good sumo, right? The buzz around me? Rising on the
banzuke, I still face the same  opponents. I'm not paying any attention to
that.  I am a bit tired after the jungyo and all the training. Still, there
is no need for me to change my training regimen. That may lead to
injuries.." he said..

[image: 20230831-OHT1I51264-L[1].jpg]

Asanoyama still troubled with his toe injury he suffered at the jungyo. He
only did some light training yesterday but intends to enter the basho. "I
can't get a good grip on the dohyo with my toe. It still hurts a bit. It
sucks that I got injured on the last day of jungyo and in my hometown..It
was so swollen I couldn't see the blood vessels," he said. The swelling has
subsided in the meantime . The soken tomorrow? "I'll tape it heavily and
try to do some sumo.. Not much time left so I better get a move on.. " he
explained.

[image: 20230831-OHT1I51255-L[1].jpg]

--

---