[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - More training news

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 06:52:20 EST 2024

Moti
Gaijingai

Best regards,
Jeffrey Anderson

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these:
It might have been.
- John Greenleaf Whittier

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jan 6, 2024 at 2:05 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - More training news
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Busy morning today, as two rengo-keikos (joint training session with heya
from the same Ichimon <https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ichimon>) were held.
Isegahama Ichimon and Nishonoseki Ichimon were active.

*Isegahama, held at Kasugano beya:*

Terunofuji had nine bouts, going 8-1 against Takarafuji and Nishikifuji. He
was in attack mode and looked good. "I have been doing what I can," he
said, seen doing ten bouts a day for a while now.

New Juryo and great hope Takerufuji had 22 bouts today in his first ever
rengo-keiko experience. "I was nervous.." he stated.

*Nishonoseki, at Takadagawa beya:*

Kirishima was there, the only one not belonging to the Ichimon, 17-9
against the likes of Shounannoumi (4-0), Kotonowaka (5-1) , Oonosato (4-1),
Takanoshou (2-1), and finally while worn out, Takayasu (2-6).. "I didn't do
so well against Takayasu-zeki, but I was able to do keiko that will connect
to the next step. It's important to give it your all even if you lose. I
wanted to do 30 bouts, but I was totally exhausted.. If I can overcome that
and actually do 30 bouts a session, it will be good, since I only started
training yesterday.. I'll be coming here again tomorrow. I want to do more
bouts.. I called on Oonosato the newbie because his body is large and there
are great expectations of him" he said.

Oonosato was 2-7. "I was shocked when Kirishima called me out (1-4). He is
last basho's yusho winner, so it was my intention to borrow his chest.. I
am still very weak. My aim is kachikoshi. I will be training very hard this
coming week " he said. His one win against Kirishima came via oshidashi.

Takakeishou? Nowhere to be seen. "He injured his neck. It's not getting any
better so he'll have to live with the pain..He is only doing the
fundamentals at the moment. No sumo yet. I apologize for him not being able
to train," said his Oyakata  Tokiwayama.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/dcfabfa8-898a-4c21-b05c-841679e2b6adn%40googlegroups.com