[sumo] Fwd: Katrina Watts on Akebono

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 17:57:57 EDT 2024

My wife, two kids, and I were supposed to be at that chanko night at
Kirishima's Chanko in May 2001, but a looooong-time friend in Tokyo told us
after we had committed to the dinner that she had put together a party of
many of our old friends. Well, there was no way that I could tell her no -
(would she ever lose face!) so unfortunately we had to pull out of the
dinner. It was on a Saturday night right after that day's bouts ended. I
waited for a few minutes by the restaurant entrance to see who I could meet
and got the pleasure of meeting my online friend Barbara Ann Klein
(Babanoshuzan at the time).

Anyway, 23 years later, my wife, kids, and I still regret not being rude to
our close friend and telling her thanks, but no thanks, when she had
already planned everything. And 23 years later, Barbara Ann and I are still
friends.

Gaijingai
Jeffrey Anderson

--