[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Training news- Takakeishou, Gounoyama, Shoudai

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 07:10:45 EST 2023

Moti
Gaijingai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 7, 2023 at 2:01 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Training news- Takakeishou, Gounoyama, Shoudai
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

"He injured the neck when we got to Kyushu. Since the basho is close, there
is no use in doing excessive stuff. I want him to be ready for day one,"
explained Tokiwayama Oyakata regarding Takakeishou's absence from the
training session yesterday.

Shoudai is getting ready for the new basho, which is a hometown basho.
"This basho is always the one I'm aware of.. I'd like to turn the support I
get into power, and face the new year ranked at Sanyaku.," he said. He
faced degeiko-ing Nishikigi and others for 13 bouts yesterday and was
showing good footwork  Nishikigi, going 5-10 at Komusubi last basho: "I was
weak is all..From here on, avoiding injuries, I will be aiming for
kachikoshi," he summed.

Gounoyama, who belongs to the Dewanoumi Ichimon, went to train at the the
Nishonoseki Ichimon aligned training session (rengo keiko), regardless. "I
told my Oyakata that I wished to go for degeiko, and was told it was a good
idea to go to the rengo keiko. It was good to be able to face many
sekitori," he said. "I want to face my opponents not feeling like a
challenger but feeling I will properly win"" declared the Maegashira 4 hope.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/87d81921-cb6d-4b1e-aa54-3b1ba1e49866n%40googlegroups.com