<div dir="auto">Moti</div><div><br clear="all"><br clear="all"><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr">Best regards,<div dir="auto">Gaijingai</div><div><br></div><div>For of all sad words of tongue or pen,</div><div>The saddest are these:</div><div>It might have been.</div><div>- John Greenleaf Whittier</div></div></div></div></div><div><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">---------- Forwarded message ---------<br>From: <strong class="gmail_sendername" dir="auto">Moti Dichne</strong> <span dir="auto"><<a href="mailto:niramiai@gmail.com">niramiai@gmail.com</a>></span><br>Date: Tue, Oct 6, 2026 at 10:04 AM<br>Subject: [Sumo news] - Jungyo news- Ichiyamamoto and Takayasu<br>To: Sumo Newsletter2 <<a href="mailto:sumo-newsletter2@googlegroups.com">sumo-newsletter2@googlegroups.com</a>><br></div><br><br><span style="color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol"">Funny man Ichiyamamoto  wasted no time in energizing the event today, the first day of the Aki Jungyo.. He participated in a "kids' sumo" session alongside Takayasu and Ryuuden. During the bouts, he put on a show, even taking a spectacular fall chest-first during an exchange of throws. He shouted boisterous encouragement to a child facing Ryuuden. When Takayasu defeated a large boy with a sukuinage, Ichiyamamoto loudly protested and used exaggerated gestures to insist on a rematch. Takayasu won again, but Ichiyamamoto intervened once more, finally guiding the child to a victory on the third attempt. Ichiyamamoto is known for his signature style of shouting cheers and using big, expressive gestures with his mouth wide open and arms flailing. Fans are well-acquainted with his wonderful rapport with children during these sumo sessions. Regarding his approach, he said, "I think big movements and a loud voice convey the energy to everyone in the venue. I’ve been doing this for a year or two, I suppose. I just want to bring a little joy to the spectators." In the Autumn Tournament, he competed at Maegashira 6W and finished with a 4-11 record. "I suffered a heavy ,makekoshi, so I want to get back to fighting the joi as soon as possible," he vowed. Although he had bulked up for the tournament, he noted, "My body felt a bit heavy. I plan to lose some weight during the jungyo, and then build it back up properly while training after it ends." He intends to learn from this experience and make a comeback. The Aki Jungyo continues until the 25th (in Ube, Yamaguchi), with the announcement of the new banzuke  scheduled for the 26th.</span><div><span style="color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol""><br></span></div><div><span style="color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol"">The Jungyo arrived at Tsukuba City, Ibaraki Prefecture, and drawing loud cheers for Takayasu, a native of neighboring Tsuchiura City. During the Natsu Jungyo, he initially trained vigorously but was forced to withdraw after injuring his left adductor muscle. He struggled with his preparation leading up to the Autumn Tournament and started with consecutive losses, yet he managed to defeat Ozeki Kirishima on the third day. He demonstrated his enduring strength on the fourth day by securing a kinboshi against Oonosato. Although he lost on the final day, entering the bout with a 7-7 record—he reflected positively, saying, "I'm relieved I was able to complete the full 15 days. I never imagined I'd be able to compete that long." His hometown of Tsuchiura borders Tsukuba City; While he did not compete in official matches, he offered himself as a practice partner for local children after the training session, smiling as he said, "I hope to see many kids taking up sumo." With 41-year-old Tamawashi likely returning to Makuuchi for the Kyushu Basho, Takayasu is set to relinquish the title of the division's oldest wrestler. He remained unfazed, however, commenting, "I'll only have held that spot for a single basho, after all. It’s not exactly something to be thrilled about. My main goal now is simply to stay healthy until the basho begins."</span><span style="color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol""></span></div>

<p></p>

-- <br>
<br>
--- <br>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sumo Newsletter2" group.<br>
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:sumo-newsletter2+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com" target="_blank">sumo-newsletter2+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
To view this discussion visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/3ee86f74-c43e-437d-b066-b397f1945c59n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer" target="_blank">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/3ee86f74-c43e-437d-b066-b397f1945c59n%40googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
</div></div>