<div dir="auto">Moti </div><div><br clear="all"><br clear="all"><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr">Best regards,<div dir="auto">Gaijingai </div><div><br></div><div>For of all sad words of tongue or pen,</div><div>The saddest are these:</div><div>It might have been.</div><div>- John Greenleaf Whittier</div></div></div></div></div><div><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">---------- Forwarded message ---------<br>From: <strong class="gmail_sendername" dir="auto">Moti Dichne</strong> <span dir="auto"><<a href="mailto:niramiai@gmail.com">niramiai@gmail.com</a>></span><br>Date: Sun, Oct 4, 2026 at 5:09 PM<br>Subject: [Sumo news] - Fujinokawa Sekiwake promotion party<br>To: Sumo Newsletter2 <<a href="mailto:sumo-newsletter2@googlegroups.com">sumo-newsletter2@googlegroups.com</a>><br></div><br><br><p style="box-sizing:border-box;margin-top:0px;color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol"">Fujinokawa promotion party celebration : "When I heard there was going to be a promotion party, I thought it would be embarrassing to drop from Sekiwake by posting a makekoshi in the September tournament," he recalled. "That pressure drove me to work hard." Admitting, "I’m the type who performs better under pressure," he added, "Please feel free to put the pressure on and cheer for me." Looking ahead to the Kyushu Tournament and beyond, he vowed, "I will continue to do sumo in my own style—constantly moving forward—and put on matches that everyone finds impressive." [Daiki Iioka]</p><p style="box-sizing:border-box;color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol"">The former Isenoumi Oyakata and ex-Sekiwake Takeo Morita (79) also attended the celebration. He was the fourth-generation Fujinokawa, a slender rikishi nicknamed "Ushiwakamaru" who electrified the sumo world during the Showa 30s and 40s, expressed his surprise at the sixth generation Fujinokawa's performance, noting, "I thought it might be a bit of a stretch for him this tournament, but he managed 11 wins." He further expressed his hopes for the future, saying, "If he posts double-digit wins in two more tournaments, he'll reach Ozeki. I want to see him again at an Ozeki celebration."</p>

<p></p>

-- <br>
<br>
--- <br>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sumo Newsletter2" group.<br>
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:sumo-newsletter2+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com" target="_blank">sumo-newsletter2+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
To view this discussion visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/7600bb31-e75e-4795-b19e-e9a52fae4227n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer" target="_blank">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/7600bb31-e75e-4795-b19e-e9a52fae4227n%40googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
</div></div>