<div dir="auto">Moti </div><div><br clear="all"><br clear="all"><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr">Best regards,<div dir="auto">Gaijingai </div><div><br></div><div>For of all sad words of tongue or pen,</div><div>The saddest are these:</div><div>It might have been.</div><div>- John Greenleaf Whittier</div></div></div></div></div><div><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">---------- Forwarded message ---------<br>From: <strong class="gmail_sendername" dir="auto">Moti Dichne</strong> <span dir="auto"><<a href="mailto:niramiai@gmail.com">niramiai@gmail.com</a>></span><br>Date: Sat, Oct 3, 2026 at 5:41 AM<br>Subject: [Sumo news] - Hidenoumi danpatsushiki<br>To: Sumo Newsletter2 <<a href="mailto:sumo-newsletter2@googlegroups.com">sumo-newsletter2@googlegroups.com</a>><br></div><br><br><span style="color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol"">The danpatsushiki for ex- Makuuchi Hidenoumi who retired following this year's Spring Tournament, was held on the 3rd at the Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo. During the ceremony, about 300 people, including Yokozuna Houshouryuu and Ozeki Kotozakura, took turns making a ceremonial cut to his mage. Finally, Kise Oyakata performed the final cut, marking the end of his 14-year career as a rikishi. Hidenoumi began sumo at age seven and joined Kise beya after attending Saitama Sakae High School and Nihon University, making his professional debut at the 2012 Summer Tournament. He favored a migi-yotsu and reached a career-high rank of Maegashira 6E. His overall record stood at 541 wins, 539 losses, and 22 absences. On this day, he faced his younger brother, Tobizaru a bout that would be their first and last against each other, and won via yorikiri after a spirited bout. "I think he went a little easy on me," he remarked. "He managed to get a morozashi on me right away and he really showed why he's an active, top-flight Makuuchi rikishi. He's strong." After having his hair styled and returning to the dohyo in a suit, he was once again met with thunderous applause. "Every day, I worried about what I’d do if the audience was sparse and the arena empty, but I am so happy to have been sent off by so many people," he said in his address. "I spent 14 years in professional sumo and about the same amount of time as an amateur, and I truly feel from the bottom of my heart that I’m glad I pursued sumo. I received more cheers than I ever heard during actual tournaments, and it made me so happy."</span>
<p></p>
-- <br>
<br>
--- <br>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sumo Newsletter2" group.<br>
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:sumo-newsletter2+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com" target="_blank">sumo-newsletter2+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
To view this discussion visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/d85e5904-96bb-4f9d-b583-96bf5b00102dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer" target="_blank">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/d85e5904-96bb-4f9d-b583-96bf5b00102dn%40googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
</div></div>