<div dir="auto">Moti</div><div><br clear="all"><br clear="all"><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr">Best regards,<div dir="auto">Gaijingai</div><div><br></div><div>For of all sad words of tongue or pen,</div><div>The saddest are these:</div><div>It might have been.</div><div>- John Greenleaf Whittier</div></div></div></div></div><div><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">---------- Forwarded message ---------<br>From: <strong class="gmail_sendername" dir="auto">Moti Dichne</strong> <span dir="auto"><<a href="mailto:niramiai@gmail.com">niramiai@gmail.com</a>></span><br>Date: Sun, Sep 27, 2026 at 4:02 PM<br>Subject: [Sumo news] - More..<br>To: Sumo Newsletter2 <<a href="mailto:sumo-newsletter2@googlegroups.com">sumo-newsletter2@googlegroups.com</a>><br></div><br><br><div><span style="color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol"">Hello friends,</span></div><div><span style="color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol"">Please let me know if this is too much information. I feel I do get carried away sometimes, but the news seems to be interesting..</span></div><div><span style="color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol""><br></span></div><span style="color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol"">Tamawashi , the oldest sekitori at 41 and ranked Juryo 3E, lost his final bout today to Kayou, finishing the to</span><span style="color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol"">urnament with a 10-5 record. A victory would have secured him a spot in the yusho playoff against Kitanowaka and Kagayaki, who were tied at 11 wins before he had his own match. However, Kayou drove him upward with a thrust and then executed a well-timed hikiotoshi; Kayou reached 11 wins and snatched the playoff ticket away from him. After the match, Tamawashi reflected on his failure to exert pressure at the tachiai, admitting, "I wanted to do my own sumo, but my weaknesses showed. I overthought things." Regarding the fact that a yusho was within reach, he noted, "I was focused on the match at hand, so that didn't matter," indicating it had no impact on his performance today. Nevertheless, he acknowledged his own effort, having achieved double-digit wins for the first time in seven tournaments since the Nagoya tournament last year when he was in Makuuchi, and showed appreciation for his body, which will turn 42 during the next tournament. Looking ahead to the next tournament, where his return to Makuuchi is all but certain, he expressed an energetic drive: "I want to train hard so I don't drop back down [to Juryo] right away. I want to build up my strength, my power."</span><div><span style="color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol""><br></span></div><div><span style="color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol"">Dewanojou (32, the heaviest active rikishi at 252 kg, is retiring after this tournament, meaning Hakuoumaru (28 ) will take over as the heaviest rikishi starting next tournament. While Higonoryuu (40) once weighed 224.5 kg, he has since slimmed down to around 180 kg. Based on current weights, Hakuoumaru, who clocked in at 222.7 kg during the health check prior to the Autumn Tournament, is considered the heaviest. He made his professional debut at the 2017 Spring Tournament, and his highest rank to date is Sandanme 5W. He weighed 163 kg when he first joined the sumo world and is now at his heaviest weight ever. Regarding his status as the heaviest rikishi, he remarked, "I’d heard that was the case, but I hadn't really realized it myself." He did not gain the weight intentionally. "I eat everything without being picky. I eat when I feel like it, and the weight just went up as a result. If there are gifts of food left out, I end up eating them." His Oyakata Tokitsukaze allows him to eat food given as gifts but forbids him from buying snacks on his own. His favorite food is Japanese-style fried chicken (karaage). "It goes best with rice. I like sweets, too, and I'm happy to receive any kind of food gift." He doesn't drink alcohol but loves udon noodles; his favorite spot is "Udon Dining Yoshi" in Ryogoku. "The toriten (chicken tempura) is delicious. When I go at night, I order a large bowl of udon, a large portion of toriten, and some skewered tempura," he said. Of course, he wants to make his mark through his sumo wrestling, not just his size. "I want people to see sumo where I use my physique to drive straight forward," he said.</span><span style="color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol""></span></div>

<p></p>

-- <br>
<br>
--- <br>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sumo Newsletter2" group.<br>
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:sumo-newsletter2+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com" target="_blank">sumo-newsletter2+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
To view this discussion visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/cfe03a8f-5c9d-492e-b41b-d66ac6cf2083n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer" target="_blank">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/cfe03a8f-5c9d-492e-b41b-d66ac6cf2083n%40googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
</div></div>