<div dir="auto">Moti<br clear="all"><br clear="all"><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr">Best regards,<div dir="auto">Gaijingai - plenty more coming!</div><div><br></div><div>For of all sad words of tongue or pen,</div><div>The saddest are these:</div><div>It might have been.</div><div>- John Greenleaf Whittier</div></div></div></div></div><div><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">---------- Forwarded message ---------<br>From: <strong class="gmail_sendername" dir="auto">Moti Dichne</strong> <span dir="auto"><<a href="mailto:niramiai@gmail.com">niramiai@gmail.com</a>></span><br>Date: Sun, Sep 27, 2026 at 3:42 PM<br>Subject: [Sumo news] - Nishikigi news<br>To: Sumo Newsletter2 <<a href="mailto:sumo-newsletter2@googlegroups.com">sumo-newsletter2@googlegroups.com</a>><br></div><br><br><span style="color:rgb(53,60,65);font-family:Inter,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol"">Nishikigi (36), ranked Juryo 14W, got a hard-fought sixth win today. He defeated Ookaryu (24), ranked Makushita 5W, via yorikiri, finishing the tournament with a 6–9 record. In the previous tournament, he held the same rank and finished 7–8, managing to retain his Juryo status. Reflecting on this tournament, he noted, "I was in good form before it started. I thought I might do well, but I ended up with six wins." He expressed pride in his performance on the final day, stating, "I was able to wrestle with confidence." Having finished with a makekoshi, he spoke candidly about his chances of remaining in  Juryo: "It's touch-and-go whether I'll stay up or drop down..." He intends to continue his career even if he is demoted to Makushita . "Even if I drop down, I'll still do my heya duties. I'll serve as a tsukebito for Fujinokawa, too," he said, mentioning the possibility of supporting the 21-year-old newly promoted Sekiwake.</span>

<p></p>

-- <br>
<br>
--- <br>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sumo Newsletter2" group.<br>
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="mailto:sumo-newsletter2+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com" target="_blank">sumo-newsletter2+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
To view this discussion visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/faf39764-adb4-40c4-87a0-c84be66b80c0n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer" target="_blank">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/faf39764-adb4-40c4-87a0-c84be66b80c0n%40googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
</div></div>