[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Miyagino beya scandal decision - aftermath of Hokuseihou bullying

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 11:47:33 EDT 2024

Moti

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 28, 2024 at 6:14 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Miyagino beya scandal decision - aftermath of
Hokuseihou bullying
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

The Kyokai decided  today that all Miyagino rikishi and the Oyakata will
move to Isegahama beya. Sadogatake Oyakata, the new PR man, says this:

`I received a report from Asakayama Oyakata (ex- KaioU) the representative
of Isegahama Ichimon, that from April onwards, all members of
Miyagino-beya will be "looked after" by Isegahama beya. The Miyagino
rikishi will mount the dohyo as Isegahama beya rikishi, so there will be no
matches between rikishi from both heya for the time being. This move is so
that Miyagino Oyakata (ex-Hakuhou)  can be educated on how to run a heya
and what the responsibilities of a Shisho and an oyakata are.. Asakayama
and Isegahama are assuming responsibility for the heya. We don't know for
how long, but both Oyakata will be providing us with progress reports after
every basho. I think bringing everyone over to one place instead of
splitting them up as was initially suggested is truly the best way to go
for the rikishis' and the Oyakata's future. It was all done carefully step
by step. It's not like we've been punishing them again and again, heavy or
light. I hope after receiving some guidance from Isegahama Oyakata,
Miyagino beya will flourish again!"

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/0da16c3d-5745-493c-a66d-dff935cc6355n%40googlegroups.com