[sumo] [sumo game] it's called a nonet that is riding the TORCH.

Emmett Wayne eswayne2009 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 19 22:17:00 EDT 2024

 Kodaiyama,
Actually, while the possibility of a tie exists, the following data indicates that unless Kyokukaiyu maintains his unbeaten streak through the entire year and somehow ends up in Sanyaku, the title will probably come down to the ending Torch rank picks.

| Kintamayama | Kyokukaiyu | J03W |
| Hakuhonofan | Kyokukaiyu | J05W |
| Ripe | Kyokukaiyu | J06W |
| Torideyama | Kyokukaiyu                   | J07E |
| Athenayama | Kyokukaiyu | J10W |
| Bunbukuchagama | Kyokukaiyu             | J11W |
| Yarimotsu | Kyokukaiyu                 | J12W |
| Andreas21 | Kyokukaiyu             | Ms13W |
| Kaito | Kyokukaiyu | Ms35E

And of course if he loses tomorrow and never gets the torch again, the nimble nine would only have 25 points.  That could be very interesting if someone with 0 points hits either the ending rikishi or rank pick.
Hopefully, I have made it a little more interesting.  And to think it is only March.
Torideyama, who is TDY at APG this week (Bob knows)