[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - More on the kyujo

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 18:47:33 EST 2024

Moti

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 1:36 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - More on the kyujo
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

I'll go out on a limb and say Takakeishou will retire soon. He seems to
suffer just being here, looks totally unmotivated, and may be harboring a
more serious injury. The media says he asked to go kyujo, which is not like
him at all. His fire has gone out it seems to me, and his fire is a central
part of his abilities.

Cervical spondylotic radiculopathy
<https://www.medparkhospital.com/en-US/disease-and-treatment/cervical-spondylosis-radiculopathy-myelopathy>

According to Tokiwayama Oyakata,  the condition of his neck worsened after
his match against Atamifuji on day 2. He said that he had no strength in
his right arm. `When I spoke to him this morning, he asked me to let him go
kyujo.  I don't want to put too much pressure on him. He will not be
re-entering.`He told me he couldn't go on, so he must be in a lot of pain.
He's worked hard. His body is the most important thing and I want him to
focus on healing slowly and resting.''  said Tokiwayama Oyakata. This is
the 11th time Takakeishou has gone kyujo and it will be his 8th kadoban
come March.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/8f483a8a-930a-41bb-ae68-90cdaec2cf14n%40googlegroups.com