[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Sumo Game- Guess the Banzuke

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 05:19:56 EST 2024

Moti

Best regards,
Jeffrey Anderson
Gaijingai

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these:
It might have been.
- John Greenleaf Whittier

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 1:50 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Sumo Game- Guess the Banzuke
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Less than three weeks to enter. I was hibernating. It's that time again.
This is a formal invitation to play the "Guess the Banzuke" game!! 25
years, 154th basho. Please play. It's fun and healthy and leaves no trace.

Game rules: Guess the Banzuke. Simple. You get two points for a bulls-eye
and one point for just getting the rank right. You get no points for
knowing everything. About anything.. Tiebreakers - Most total guesses, then
we check the banzuke backwards - getting the lower half right will be
important.  The most correct guesses in the last ten places will win the
tiebreaker. If still tied, we go up a ranking at a time like a penalty
shootout. If still tied, we will all cry together. It's up to you to check
if you are on the list of entries.
<http://sumodb.sumogames.de/gtb/GTBEntryList.aspx> It's up to you to check
if  your entry was accepted and did not go missing in the Internet void. No
late entries will be expected or accepted. The entry process is very simple
and fully automated so don't be put off by thinking this is technically
complicated in any way. The game itself - very complicated indeed.

For rules that will never be changed, standings and love :
http://www.dichne.com/Guess.htm

For the nifty entry form, which will hopefully continue to do what it's
intended to do : http://sumodb.sumoga...b/GTBEntry.aspx
<http://sumodb.sumogames.de/gtb/GTBEntry.aspx>

For Chiyotasuke's incredible helper:
https://chiyotasuke.github.io/gtbhelper/

For the archives: http://sumodb.sumoga...gtbarchive.aspx
<http://sumodb.sumogames.de/gtb/gtbarchive.aspx>

See if you are on the entry list:
http://sumodb.sumogames.de/gtb/GTBEntryList.aspx

Deadline: *Monday, February 19th, 2024 * at 18:00 GMT ("Grand Ménage à Trois
!!! ) - *PLEASE NOTE-THIS IS ONE WEEK BEFORE THE OFFICIAL BANZUKE
ANNOUNCEMENT!!*

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/d3597bf8-2a83-4106-82a9-d742f128cbeen%40googlegroups.com