[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Training news- Kirishima, Daieishou, Wakamotoharu

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 14:27:25 EST 2023

>From Moti
Gaijingai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 2:06 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Training news- Kirishima, Daieishou, Wakamotoharu
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Ozeki  Kirishima went for degeiko today at Tokitsukaze beya, facing
Daieishou and Wakamotoharu for 41 bouts, going 35-6. His Michinoku beya is
on a training break, so he decided to go out for training. Yesterday, he
had 29 bouts, so that makes 70 bouts in two days, the most anyone did
recently. "When you rest too much, you have to start to prepare all over
again. Training like this gives one a sense of accomplishment. I planned on
doing 50 today.." he said. He has yet to reach double-digit wins as an
Ozeki. " My condition is getting better, " he said.

Daieishou went to Tokitsukaze and faced Kirishima and Wakamotoharu. 24
bouts. He is on an Ozeki run this basho, getting kachikoshi for the whole
year so far and is leading the pack with number of wins for 2023. His ups
and downs seem to be over and he seems stable. "I am having less
consecutive losses. I am piling up the wins day by day," he announced.

 Wakamotoharu had 23 bouts in the same session. He has had back to back 9
win bashos. "I most certainly need to win in double digits. I don't want to
cling to this rank- I want to climb one step further.." he uttered.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/576fd5ff-6966-4c8e-9ffa-6fa425ccc794n%40googlegroups.com