[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Training news

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 06:38:47 EDT 2023

>From Moti
Gaijingai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 3, 2023 at 2:54 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Training news
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

  Kirishima welcomed Hokutofuji and fresh new Makuuchi Kitanowaka to his
heya for some intense training yesterday. 13 bouts, 9-4. He hasn't had
double digit wins yet since getting promoted to Ozeki. "Last basho is
history. We start now.. I know what I have to do," he said.

Tobizaru, two days ago, faced Daieishou, Endou, Tsurugishou and Daiamami
and was 4-10. "I'm not ready yet. My aim is kachikoshi," he said later.
Occasional sanyaku stints with no kachikoshi there yet. "That is the goal,"
he said

Hokutofuji went to Michinoku beya for degeiko yesterday, facing Kirishima 4
times, 1-3. "I'm not thonking of the win/loss thing, I just want to do
stubborn, relentless sumo," he said.

Kitanowaka was also there and did surprisingly well against Kirishima, 3-6.
"I don't get these opportunities very often..I was totally overwhelmed in
every aspect, " he said humbly.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/9343807f-f543-4f3e-acf1-a2d75dd1e1a0n%40googlegroups.com