[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Enhou and ex-Kotoshougiku

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Tue May 23 06:12:54 EDT 2023

>From Moti
Gaijingai
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 23, 2023 at 2:23 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Enhou and ex-Kotoshougiku
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Enhou is out of the basho with a serious neck injury, needing three months
to heal. "He injured it during the jungyo a few months ago and it has
worsened," said Miyagino Oyakata. Chiyonokuni is out as well, both of them
0-9 till today. Chiyonokuni has bad knees and will drop to Makushita ,
which probably means we will hear of his retirement soon. In Makuuchi,
Kotoshouhou (1-8) is out as well.

Hidenoyama Oyakata (ex- Kotoshougiku)  has announced that he will be
establishing a new heya sometime next year. "I'm giving it my all towards
this end and hope to bring up rikishi who will be outstanding in and out of
the ring," he said.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/9cc6dc4c-16b2-45e6-895a-2320b852d951n%40googlegroups.com