[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Some lower division stuff- possible spoiler, although I doubt it..

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Tue May 16 07:23:40 EDT 2023

Moti

No video yet.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 16, 2023 at 3:00 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Some lower division stuff- possible spoiler,
although I doubt it..
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Lower divisions: Ukrainian Shishi (Makushita 2W, 2-0) definitely looks like
someone who took a step forward-excellent bout today, resilient and
stubborn and winning. A 5-2 should have him in Juryo next basho' maybe even
a 4-3. Oonosato (1-1, started off his pro career this basho at Makushita
10, being a multiple amateur champion) hasn't had me convinced re the hype
yet-shaky and over-excited.. Ochiai (Juryo 8, 3-0), OTOH, is unstoppable at
this point, shoulder injury notwithstanding. Kawazoe (Makushita 1W,1-1) is
injured for sure. Russian Rouga (Juryo 4W, 3-0) has taken a serious step
forward as well. We may see him in Makuuchi as early as July. Solid sumo.
Oushouma (Juryo 4E, 2-1) didn't train at all before the basho-injured, but
doing OK. Gounoyama (Juryo 1E,3-0) definitely the first Takekuma beya
Makuuchi rikishi next basho. He is even beginning to look like Goueidou
(retired). And most important- we have  a new mega- salt thrower in Aqua
(Juryo5W,1-2). Did anybody guess it would be him? I remember we discussed
that. As long as Terutsuyoshi (Makushita 5W, 0-1) is un-sekitoried, Aqua
will take over.

Juryo (2nd division) is awesome- I recommend it highly (10).

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/5cb9b89d-695c-4b5c-ac16-47bb82a09c51n%40googlegroups.com

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,