[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Training session at Arashio beya

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 06:46:00 EDT 2023

>From Moti
Gaijingai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 2:35 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Training session at Arashio beya
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Yesterday, many went to Arashio beya for keiko. Abi was there.  He faced
Houshouryuu, Wakamotoharu and others for 10 bouts. He is back in sanyaku.
"I've been winning some bouts by accident. I need to do stronger sumo. I am
inspired by Wakamotoharu's progression (they are good friends). If he gets
promoted I will really be happy," he said.

And Wakamotoharu?  Bad day at the keiko-ba. His sharp tachiai was nowhere
to be seen, as he went 5-13. It was raining heavily in the morning and he
was suffering from back pains. "This kind of weather brings about the
pain.. I tried to endure it, but I didn't do so well.. I can only
gambarize. There is still time so I will be making the necessary
adjustments," he said quietly.

Houshouryuu was 16-7 at said keiko session. "I think it was a good
session.." he said. He beat Wakamotoharu 7-3 and also did well against Abi
and Meisei and needs 12 wins for an Ozeki promotion. "I'm able to do better
and better with every passing day," he summed.

Meisei was there as well. 11-8, winning six straight at some point. He
faced Houshouryuu, Wakamotoharu, Abi and others. "I think I was moving
well. I'm glad to have been able to train against those ranked above me. I
am aiming for a *proper* kachikoshi," he said. Reminder-he beat Terunofuji
on day 9 last basho, and then proceeded to lose six straight bouts.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/ce6a0e13-c57d-4adb-b2b9-027abcf4c131n%40googlegroups.com

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,