[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Ex- Tochinoshin

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 22:58:30 EDT 2023

>From Moti via Gaijingai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 19, 2023 at 6:34 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Ex- Tochinoshin
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Danpatsushiki - February 4th.

He will be going into business ("Royal Georgia"), importing Georgian goods
(wine, honey). "There is a lot of Georgian foodstuffs and drinks that are
really healthy. I want to make them famous in Japan, CEO? Nah, I'm a rank
and filer..I will be living in Japan, and will visit Georgia here and
there," he said, laughing.,  He is still going a lot to Kasugano beya.
"Yeah' when I'm not busy I go there five times a week to train with the
lads. I went with them to their training camp lodgings in Saitama and will
be joining them in Nagoya as well.. Retired or not, I'm living the same
life," he said, laughing again. He has already lost 30 kilos and his hair
is greying. "Yes, I have quite a lot of grey hair on my sideburns and
especially on my beard. I used to shave once a week, and every five days
during a basho, but I shave every 3-4 days now. If I don't, my beard looks
totally white," he added. His advice o the three Ozeki contenders? "The
first days are important - get 2-3 wins and you're in the right direction.
Even if you decide not to think about it, you always do when the Ozeki
promotion is on the line. It's a battle against yourself, so you need to
beat yourself. Wakamotoharu and Daieishou have their style, but anything
can happen with Houshouryuu. Many fans like rikishi with their own style,
but I'd say 70-80 percent of the fans love the guys who keep you guessing
what they will come up with... His uncle Asashouryuu was one of those guys.
I hope he makes it to Yokozuna soon,", summed the retired Georgian."

He has really lost weight..

[image: 202306190000700-w500_0[1].jpg]

--

---