[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Tsurugishou?

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 06:33:41 EDT 2023

>From Moti
Gaijingai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 3:14 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Tsurugishou?
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Tsurugishou -now that's a name we never had in these parts -  is coming off
an excellent basho and should be ranked pretty high for Nagoya - trained at
home against Daieishou and others yesterday - eight bouts. He had six
straight wins from day 7 at Maegashira 15 last basho, finally ending with a
9-6 record. On the last three days, he  faced Sekiwakes Wakamotoharu,
Houshouryuu and ex-Ozeki Asanoyama, losing to all three, missing out on his
second ever double digit win basho. "I lost to my opponents on the last
three days, but they are not rivals I can't beat. If I execute my sumo well
and gambarize, I feel I can beat them. My goal is to be able to face the
Sekiwakes again next basho.." he said. If he does well next basho, he is
bound to face them in the second half. He'll need to be careful with his
lower back and left knee old injuries while attempting to achieve his goal,
adds the reporter.

*Does anybody remember Tsurugishou saying some weird stuff a few years
back? I seem to remember him saying he has some cunning new tactics up his
sleeve and warned his opponents to look out, and then proceeded to lose a
lot. Did that happen? Or was it Baldrick?

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/a512b24a-9273-43ab-876e-b14e04265045n%40googlegroups.com

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,