[sumo] Fwd: Report Card: Kyushu Basho 2023 - Magaeshira 9-17

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 07:40:43 EST 2023

Gaijingai

Great article!

Best regards,
Jeffrey Anderson

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these:
It might have been.
- John Greenleaf Whittier

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Sumo Stomp! <sumostomp at substack.com>
Date: Fri, Dec 29, 2023 at 3:53 PM
Subject: Report Card: Kyushu Basho 2023 - Magaeshira 9-17
To: <jpaitv at gmail.com>

Let's grade the rikishi who competed in the top division in Kyushu!
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
Forwarded this email? Subscribe here
<https://substack.com/redirect/2/eyJlIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly9zdW1vc3RvbXAuc3Vic3RhY2suY29tL3N1YnNjcmliZT91dG1fc291cmNlPWVtYWlsJnV0bV9jYW1wYWlnbj1lbWFpbC1zdWJzY3JpYmUmcj0zNHJrYWYmbmV4dD1odHRwcyUzQSUyRiUyRnN1bW9zdG9tcC5zdWJzdGFjay5jb20lMkZwJTJGcmVwb3J0LWNhcmQta3l1c2h1LWJhc2hvLTIwMjMtbWFnYWVzaGlyYSIsInAiOjEzOTcyNjUyMiwicyI6MTUxOTY1NiwiZiI6dHJ1ZSwidSI6MTg5NDAyOTk5LCJpYXQiOjE3MDM4ODMyMjcsImV4cCI6MTcwNjQ3NTIyNywiaXNzIjoicHViLTAiLCJzdWIiOiJsaW5rLXJlZGlyZWN0In0.xAx5C4mIEs8KR3HlD2kWNar5r1coFf-p620SQq263GQ?>
for more
Report Card: Kyushu Basho 2023 - Magaeshira 9-17
<https://substack.com/app-link/post?publication_id=1519656&post_id=139726522&utm_source=post-email-title&utm_campaign=email-post-title&isFreemail=true&r=34rkaf&token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxODk0MDI5OTksInBvc3RfaWQiOjEzOTcyNjUyMiwiaWF0IjoxNzAzODgzMjI3LCJleHAiOjE3MDY0NzUyMjcsImlzcyI6InB1Yi0xNTE5NjU2Iiwic3ViIjoicG9zdC1yZWFjdGlvbiJ9.T788m4noUtJcO545O5wNESPEodDLUyF_bhpft2A2bO8>Let's
grade the rikishi who competed in the top division in Kyushu!

Dec 29

<https://substack.com/app-link/post?publication_id=1519656&post_id=139726522&utm_source=substack&isFreemail=true&submitLike=true&token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxODk0MDI5OTksInBvc3RfaWQiOjEzOTcyNjUyMiwicmVhY3Rpb24iOiLinaQiLCJpYXQiOjE3MDM4ODMyMjcsImV4cCI6MTcwNjQ3NTIyNywiaXNzIjoicHViLTE1MTk2NTYiLCJzdWIiOiJyZWFjdGlvbiJ9.Nq73Mt9eqUCRsQI-4eU4Mv8zb484sOs72V6QW-rJnaw&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email-reaction&r=34rkaf>
<https://substack.com/app-link/post?publication_id=1519656&post_id=139726522&utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email&isFreemail=true&comments=true&token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxODk0MDI5OTksInBvc3RfaWQiOjEzOTcyNjUyMiwiaWF0IjoxNzAzODgzMjI3LCJleHAiOjE3MDY0NzUyMjcsImlzcyI6InB1Yi0xNTE5NjU2Iiwic3ViIjoicG9zdC1yZWFjdGlvbiJ9.T788m4noUtJcO545O5wNESPEodDLUyF_bhpft2A2bO8&r=34rkaf&utm_campaign=email-half-magic-comments&utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email>
<https://substack.com/app-link/post?publication_id=1519656&post_id=139726522&utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email&utm_content=share&utm_campaign=email-share&action=share&triggerShare=true&isFreemail=true&r=34rkaf&token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxODk0MDI5OTksInBvc3RfaWQiOjEzOTcyNjUyMiwiaWF0IjoxNzAzODgzMjI3LCJleHAiOjE3MDY0NzUyMjcsImlzcyI6InB1Yi0xNTE5NjU2Iiwic3ViIjoicG9zdC1yZWFjdGlvbiJ9.T788m4noUtJcO545O5wNESPEodDLUyF_bhpft2A2bO8>
<https://substack.com/redirect/2/eyJlIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly9zdW1vc3RvbXAuc3Vic3RhY2suY29tL3AvcmVwb3J0LWNhcmQta3l1c2h1LWJhc2hvLTIwMjMtbWFnYWVzaGlyYT91dG1fc291cmNlPXN1YnN0YWNrJnV0bV9tZWRpdW09ZW1haWwmYWN0aW9uPXJlc3RhY2stY29tbWVudCZ1dG1fY2FtcGFpZ249ZW1haWwtcmVzdGFjay1jb21tZW50JnI9MzRya2FmIiwicCI6MTM5NzI2NTIyLCJzIjoxNTE5NjU2LCJmIjp0cnVlLCJ1IjoxODk0MDI5OTksImlhdCI6MTcwMzg4MzIyNywiZXhwIjoxNzA2NDc1MjI3LCJpc3MiOiJwdWItMCIsInN1YiI6ImxpbmstcmVkaXJlY3QifQ.CVMoikBFdPiWp9saOK0l3h3QneXGdaZzUHbGb-Nxydk?&utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email>

READ IN APP
<https://open.substack.com/pub/sumostomp/p/report-card-kyushu-basho-2023-magaeshira?utm_source=email&redirect=app-store>

It’s taken longer than I would have hoped, but here is the first instalment
of my 2023 Kyushu report card series. Getting these up late is pretty true
to form for me. Sorry if you were hoping to read this closer to when the
event wrapped up. It’s a busy time of year, though, and much of my sumo
writing/energy was taken up with my Takakeisho deep dive
<https://substack.com/redirect/6a756296-78bf-4d08-906e-0e97dc933185?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>
(which I really enjoyed).

But now let’s look at some wrestlers other than ‘The Angry Hamster’. As
always the first of these report cards is dedicated to the bottom half of
the *maegashira*. This cohort threw up some surprising performances in
Kyushu.
Kitanowaka

Rank: Maegashira 17 East
Record: 5-10
Grade: E-

I was very high on Kitanowaka before this one, so I was pretty disappointed
with his performance in Kyushu. I liked the varied game I’d seen in *juryo *and
I thought he had a physical profile that would cause problems for a lot of
guys. But it was too much too soon for Kitanowaka and he struggled in
pretty much every bout.

His five wins came against *juryo *bound Nishikifuji, Roga and Tohakuryu
and injury replacements Aoiyama and Oshoma.

This bout with Takarafuji is a good example of what we saw from him in
Kyushu. He wasn’t strong enough to push guys back and wasn’t smart enough
with his grappling, or quick enough on his feet, to get out of the way when
that failed.
<https://substack.com/redirect/3e968a9d-934e-483e-ade6-6c662ebd9218?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>
Nishikifuji

Rank: Maegashira 16 West
Record: 6-9
Grade: D-

Nishikifuji has been terrible in 2023 so I’m sure he’s glad to see the back
of it, even if he’s going to start the new year in the second division. In
2023 he had a combined record of 33-57 and ten of those wins came at one
*basho*, which looks like a fluke now considering the rest of his
performances.

I don’t think he knows what kind of wrestler he wants to be, which is
concerning since he’s 27 years old and over 40 *basho *into his career. He
managed 6-9 in this tournament (aided by a *fusen*) with his best wins
coming over Tsurugisho and Hiradoumi.

I feel like Nishikifuji wilts under pressure. So *makuuchi* (and maybe sumo
in general) is not a good place for him. See how Onosho smashes him
backwards below (this came after a nervy Nishikifuji false started twice).
He poked the bear in this bout (pushing Onosho all the way off the ring in
the first false start) and was powerless when Onosho ratcheted up his
intensity.

You’d expect better from a wrestler who trains with a murderer’s row over
at Isegahama heya.
<https://substack.com/redirect/2e3be74a-2c04-45f1-b603-f95d96301b7d?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>
Roga

Rank: Maegashira 16 East
Record: 5-10
Grade: E

Like with Kitanowaka, I thought Roga would be able to hold his own in
*makuuchi*. However, when he got there he looked too small and raw to make
much impact at this level.

This loss against Nishikifuji (who I have already established is not very
good at high level sumo) is pretty embarrassing for the Russian. He gets
pushed back by one of the least imposing wrestlers in the division and
leaves his hands out in no-man’s land, leading to a pretty easy drag down.
<https://substack.com/redirect/193fd61b-4900-4c26-aee6-97361f00f360?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>

It’s back to the drawing board for him in 2024. I’d like to see him work on
his mobility so he can convert those pushes back to the boundary into
opportunities for him to slip free of an opponent and find an angle to win.
Churanoumi

Rank: Maegashira 15 West
Record: 9-6
Grade: C+

Churanoumi was the only *makuuchi* newcomer to bank a *kachi-koshi* in
Kyushu. And he looked alright doing it. Nothing he did was terribly
eye-catching, but he showed a compact strength and some wits on route to
scoring wins over some of the gate-keepers of the division.

He got victories over Takarafuji, Sadanoumi, Tamawashi, Endo and Midorifuji
in his maiden top division tournament. That’s pretty darn good. He’s 30
years old, so we’re probably seeing his ceiling here.

I enjoyed his win over Takarafuji a lot. See below how he lifts his leg to
block Takarafuji from spinning and potentially escaping the *okuridashi*. I
feel like his no nonsense game might serve him well in his next promotion
and we might see him lingering around the lower *maegashira *ranks for much
of 2024.
<https://substack.com/redirect/74f2d84d-638e-400a-aaff-377023b50708?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>
Tohakuryu

Rank: Maegashira 15 East
Record: 5-10
Grade: F

Of the *makuuchi* newbies, Tohakuryu was the worst. I hate to be so
negative in this post, but Tohakuryu is very frustrating to watch. He’s a
one trick pony, but unlike some other one trick ponies, his trick hardly
ever works.

He was able to fool enough folks in *juryo *in the previous tournament with
his lean forwards, hop back, push down routine. But most *makuuchi* guys
weren’t buying it. They figured out quickly that if you don’t rush
forwards, he can’t pull off his move, and if you grab hold of him, he has
no defense against being thrown down or out.

See Tamawashi refuses to take the bait and, instead, manhandle him below.
<https://substack.com/redirect/17fffa7e-44df-49a0-8041-cf2277ece76a?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>
Ichiyamamoto

Rank: Maegashira 14 West
Record: 11-4, Fighting Spirit Prize
Grade: B-

Psuedo-Abi Ichiyamamoto was the surprise of the tournament. He ended up
with a shot of winning the *basho* in the final few days (which probably
surprised him, too). He got there thanks to a pressure game fuelled by long
thrusts, which he parlayed into either a *hatakikomi* or a push out.

He probably has the skinniest legs all all *sekitori*. He tries to make up
for the lack of muscle there with speed, using his pins to peddle guys out.
See how his foot speed to surprises Tomokaze below.
<https://substack.com/redirect/81ec664c-033d-4e89-87f2-a6f9116e63f4?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>

His lack of lower body strength often hampers his ability to halt other
wrestler’s pushes, though. At the business end of the *basho* he was
exposed by Daieisho, who blasted through him with ease.

However, in the last few days he did get quality wins over Ryuden and
Kinbozan to show his 11-4 record wasn’t earned solely from beating up guys
he’d just seen in *juryo*.

His record in Kyushu, which also earned him the Fighting Spirit Prize, is
the best achievement of Ichiyamamoto’s career. However, I think he’ll
struggle after getting promoted up the *banzuke*.
Tomokaze

Rank: Maegashira 14 East
Record: 7-8
Grade: C

Tomokaze was also promoted to *makuuchi* in Kyushu, though he has been here
before. In a five tournament run in 2019 he picked up a pair of *kinboshi*
for wins over Kakuryu. A long injury lay-off after those sent him all the
way down to the *jonidan*. Making it all the way back to the top division
is a tremendous achievement and shows a lot of grit and determination. In
Kyushu he showed off some powerful *sumo* at times, too. Below you can see
him stave off the rejuvenated Tamawashi before giving the old man the slip
along the boundary.
<https://substack.com/redirect/26d77f39-93f2-4b9d-b151-e974892a9031?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>

He lost his shot at a winning record after losing to Myogiryu (who had no
skin in the game at that point). The *make-kochi* mars his *basho* a
little, but he still showed he has the ability (and toughness) to hang in
the lower ranks of the *makuuchi*.
Tsurugisho

Rank: Maegashira 13 West
Record: 9-6
Grade: B-

Tsurugisho had another one of his Jekyll & Hyde tournaments in Kyushu, this
time getting off to a rough start before finishing strong. The reverse was
true in September.

When he’s on Tsurugisho is an extremely hard out, a man who knows how to
use his bulk and girth to block advances and squash the opposition. Below
he locks up Tomokaze and, thanks to how heavy and solid his trunk is, he is
able to block Tomokaze from moving him back. With a strong grip on the belt
he’s then able to sling Tomokaze down to the ground. However, look how much
he relies on his back muscles for this move. This is a theme, with him.
<https://substack.com/redirect/a2361622-0b23-4ae2-9e48-ef953d633081?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>

A lot of his throws and lifts are all upper body, with very little hip or
leg action. This was most noticeable on Day 14 when he wrenched out
Mitakeumi and then was doubled over in pain.

If he keeps this kind of sumo up, he’s not going to last much longer. His
knees already look battered (which is why he probably can’t rely on them
for lifting power), so I’d hate to see his back also give out.
Takarafuji

Rank: Maegashira 13 East
Record: 6-9
Grade: C

The first of my ‘three gatekeepers’, Takarafuji narrowly missed out on a
winning record in Kyushu. Takarafuji was who he has been most of the year,
a wily veteran who can still pose problems with his guile and speed. In all
but one tournament this year he’s been around the eight win mark.

At 36 he’s still got plenty of hand and foot speed and his reactions remain
sharp. Here he is fooling the slow-twitch Oho with thrusts forward,
deflections and an eventually circle to the left. I’m sure he would have
preferred an extra two wins, but not getting them won’t hurt him in the
long-run. He’ll take a bump back in the *banzuke* and will probably get
*kachi-koshi* in January.
<https://substack.com/redirect/0ec65c74-592b-4e3f-a97f-859f2dc68479?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>
Tamawashi

Rank: Maegashira 12 West
Record: 9-6
Grade: B

Tamawashi succeeded in erasing memories of his nightmarish 2-13 *aki basho*
with an energetic and clinical performance in Kyushu. He looked very strong
off the *tachiai* all tournament long, either getting good jumps on his
opponents or getting into position to absorb a charge and recoil with power.

Against Tsurugisho below, you can see him respect his opponent’s charge,
bracing himself, and turning slightly to not get run over. Circling to the
left also succeeds in breaking Tsurugisho’s grip on the belt. After he
turns away from Tsurugisho’s power he drives his hand under the chin and
uses it to steer his opponent back and out.
<https://substack.com/redirect/e28e12f0-3c95-4a40-ba0f-62d69bc44d50?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>

The *nodowa* technique was really working for the division’s oldest man
this tournament. That was great to see after the *aki basho* where he could
not get anything to work for him.
Oho

Rank: Maegashira 12 East
Record: 8-7
Grade: C

Oho is a very hard wrestler to figure out. At times he looks strong and
methodical, while at other times he seems slow and predictable. This Day
One win over Hiradoumi was one of his best showings in the tournament.

He hits Hiradoumi hard off the *tachiai*, snapping his opponent’s head
back. He then goes after him, hunting down the upper part of his chest,
eliciting more of those whiplash reactions. Once he has Hiradoumi on the
edge, he powers forwards to deny space for an escape and uses his knee to
block an exit on his right side.
<https://substack.com/redirect/feb8890a-a7f7-4ea3-9cf3-7ac61cf1030c?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>

This 8-7 is his best record since going 11-4 in May (when he was ranked
M16). He struggled this year each time he was ranked higher than M10. He’s
M11 for the January tournament, so I expect to see him around the eight win
mark again.
Hiradoumi

Rank: Maegashira 11 West
Record: 9-6
Grade: B+

The Kyushu crowd was incredible this tournament (they get an A+ from me!).
The crowd were especially loud for their local fighters. Hiradoumi was one
of the recipients of that fanfare and he really seemed to feed off of it.

He’s already an intense competitor, sometimes overly so, but in Kyushu he
was able to find a good balance of aggression and control. That helped him
go on a seven bout win streak mid-*basho *and lock in his best record of
the year (he also got a 9-6 in May) and the best since his last appearance
in Kyushu (10-5).

His game is pretty one-dimensional, based around a strong *tachiai* (where
he often leads with his head) and then a quick establishment of the
*hidari-yotsu* (left hand inside, right hand outside) grip. After he gets
his grip, he frog-hops like his life depends on it. It can be very
effective when he is able to get his opponent stuck in an upright position
with little room to move his feet back.

The move went perfectly for him against Ryuden, see below:
<https://substack.com/redirect/040b96d5-f066-487d-9bf4-7a0b81666af2?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>

Against Churnoumi he didn’t even need to get the grip locked in, his
aggressive forward charge was enough to get the job done.
<https://substack.com/redirect/17f2c3fe-8401-4bc5-9262-1b8d5941d837?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>

Hiradoumi’s game falls apart a little when opponents force him to move
laterally. But in Kyushu he was able to avoid a lot of those bouts be being
so dynamic off the opening clash. I think the crowd, who pumped him up each
and every warm-up, can take some credit for that...
Keep reading with a 7-day free trial

Subscribe to Sumo Stomp! to keep reading this post and get 7 days of free
access to the full post archives.
Start trial
<https://substack.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.NyF6eW7sE3NJbhFWDhzHibqdaxbSLRzK3qRl1QLxYGg?simple=true&utm_source=paywall&utm_medium=email&utm_content=139726522&next=https://sumostomp.substack.com/p/report-card-kyushu-basho-2023-magaeshira&coupon=ef2656ff>
A subscription gets you:
Exclusive premium content, including deep dives on various tournaments and
wrestlers.

Like
<https://substack.com/app-link/post?publication_id=1519656&post_id=139726522&utm_source=substack&isFreemail=true&submitLike=true&token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxODk0MDI5OTksInBvc3RfaWQiOjEzOTcyNjUyMiwicmVhY3Rpb24iOiLinaQiLCJpYXQiOjE3MDM4ODMyMjcsImV4cCI6MTcwNjQ3NTIyNywiaXNzIjoicHViLTE1MTk2NTYiLCJzdWIiOiJyZWFjdGlvbiJ9.Nq73Mt9eqUCRsQI-4eU4Mv8zb484sOs72V6QW-rJnaw&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email-reaction&r=34rkaf>
Comment
<https://substack.com/app-link/post?publication_id=1519656&post_id=139726522&utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email&isFreemail=true&comments=true&token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxODk0MDI5OTksInBvc3RfaWQiOjEzOTcyNjUyMiwiaWF0IjoxNzAzODgzMjI3LCJleHAiOjE3MDY0NzUyMjcsImlzcyI6InB1Yi0xNTE5NjU2Iiwic3ViIjoicG9zdC1yZWFjdGlvbiJ9.T788m4noUtJcO545O5wNESPEodDLUyF_bhpft2A2bO8&r=34rkaf&utm_campaign=email-half-magic-comments&utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email>
Restack
<https://substack.com/redirect/2/eyJlIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly9zdW1vc3RvbXAuc3Vic3RhY2suY29tL3AvcmVwb3J0LWNhcmQta3l1c2h1LWJhc2hvLTIwMjMtbWFnYWVzaGlyYT91dG1fc291cmNlPXN1YnN0YWNrJnV0bV9tZWRpdW09ZW1haWwmYWN0aW9uPXJlc3RhY2stY29tbWVudCZ1dG1fY2FtcGFpZ249ZW1haWwtcmVzdGFjay1jb21tZW50JnI9MzRya2FmIiwicCI6MTM5NzI2NTIyLCJzIjoxNTE5NjU2LCJmIjp0cnVlLCJ1IjoxODk0MDI5OTksImlhdCI6MTcwMzg4MzIyNywiZXhwIjoxNzA2NDc1MjI3LCJpc3MiOiJwdWItMCIsInN1YiI6ImxpbmstcmVkaXJlY3QifQ.CVMoikBFdPiWp9saOK0l3h3QneXGdaZzUHbGb-Nxydk?&utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email>

© 2023 Three Nine Press
Unsubscribe
<https://substack.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.LRszeW6-Pedow8eGduS6j2-GGKQNL8EesG7446Mayiw?>

[image: Get the app]
<https://substack.com/redirect/6d713935-ccff-4b52-a24a-5c6b50fa1b83?j=eyJ1IjoiMzRya2FmIn0.mqIahmYQP5uuDHgaPbSRAIInM5kVcoCIz74UwCcJSC0>[image:
Start writing]
<https://substack.com/redirect/2/eyJlIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly9zdWJzdGFjay5jb20vc2lnbnVwP3V0bV9zb3VyY2U9c3Vic3RhY2smdXRtX21lZGl1bT1lbWFpbCZ1dG1fY29udGVudD1mb290ZXImdXRtX2NhbXBhaWduPWF1dG9maWxsZWQtZm9vdGVyJmZyZWVTaWdudXBFbWFpbD1qcGFpdHZAZ21haWwuY29tJnI9MzRya2FmIiwicCI6MTM5NzI2NTIyLCJzIjoxNTE5NjU2LCJmIjp0cnVlLCJ1IjoxODk0MDI5OTksImlhdCI6MTcwMzg4MzIyNywiZXhwIjoxNzA2NDc1MjI3LCJpc3MiOiJwdWItMCIsInN1YiI6ImxpbmstcmVkaXJlY3QifQ.FY1j_9KfLi6Nca2pvAsFSQ06w-mkMkyc1fu4MM6w_dw?>