[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Ex-Terao passed way

Jamie Lawson ayeshalan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 15:24:45 EST 2023

Very sad news.  Terao-zeki was my first favorite rikishi when I started
following sumo back around the turn of the millennium, and truly has
remained my favorite to this day.  His endurance and longevity on the dohyo
were amazing.  I could always point to him and say to friends I was
introducing to sumo, “See, you don’t have to be huge to be successful in
this sport. That’s the beauty of it.”

He’ll never be forgotten.

Jamie
(aka Hoshinoneko)