[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Daieishou

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 04:56:53 EDT 2023

>From Moti
Gaijingai
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 20, 2023 at 6:16 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Daieishou
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Daieishou was on  an Ozeki run last basho but seemed to have crumbled in
the end. It now has come to light that on his bout against Wakamotoharu on
day 13 he broke a rib, and fought the last two days with the injury. He was
kyujo from the current jungyo as well, as the injury persisted and at times
he had difficulty walking. Now he's back in the jungyo, although he is
going about it very carefully. "There still is some pain. My trainer aid it
could easily deteriorate if I'm not careful, so I am not going to take any
unnecessary  risks, " he said. His MRI showed some internal bleeding as
well. He still can't do any sumo but is hopeful he'll be ready for
September.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/4721ee1f-f323-4385-9484-4862dd419151n%40googlegroups.com